Stay on the (foot) boards that mean the world (by using our virtual reality goggles)
Step virtually on the “Fahrkunst” by leaving the save platform and go down the shaft like the miners did in the 19th century – unsecured. Feel the movement of going up or down and get impressed by darkness and depth. Feel your heartbeat when the line between virtual and real world blurs….
Unique in the whole world and, luckily, safely.
Look through walls….
Scan the “AR”-logo on the buildings and get amazed: By looking through walls, you will discover our water wheels and historic mines.
Gefördert von der Beauftragten der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien im Rahmen des Förderprogramms Kulturgemeinschaften
Realisierung: Wilhelm Hannemann
There are three AR stations:
- Kunstradstube (building entrance)
- Kehrradstube (rear of building)
- Mining landscape (sign opposite the museum entrance)
You can access augmented reality via the following two access points:
A. Tablet computer
You can borrow a tablet computer from us free of charge against a deposit. All the necessary settings for experiencing augmented reality are preset, all you have to do is scan the QR codes on the signs and off you go.
1. Download the "AR Elements" app to your smartphone.
2. Check whether the "ARCore" app still needs to be installed. If necessary, download this app here.
3. Open the "Chrome" browser.
4. For all Android users: In the browser window, type "chrome://flags".
5. Find "WebXR incubations" and set it to "Enabled".
6. Now scan the QR code on the sign and open the specified file in the Chrome browser.
7. In the picture you can see a small glasses symbol at the bottom right. Click on this icon and you will enter a virtual world.
Now you can view the traces of the mining world, which are actually hidden behind walls or in the ground, in a 360 degree environment.
You will find an access code for this "extended virtual world" on your admission ticket.